Now that Phase 2 has begun, we'd like to go over the shape of our gatherings moving forward. Click on the gathering below to see our direction and all details.
Our missional communities (COM groups) can move forward with thoughtfulness and flexibility according to their comfort level. We’ve been given the freedom to meet in sizes up to 50 people while being thoughtful to spacing and symptoms. Click here if you would like to be connected to a community group.
Smaller DNA groups can continue to meet as was possible in Phase 1. There is nothing hindering these from growing and doing well and we strongly encourage you to take advantage of them.
- Knox County churches that meet in schools have a more stringent policy of meeting than most churches. We’ve been asked to operate under both state health and CDC guidelines.
- We’ll be using no-touch infrared thermometers and will have hand sanitizer stationed throughout.
- We’ll be taking attendance to aid in contact tracing in case of a case occurring.
- Seating will be buffered by no less than 6 feet of spacing. Our facility is spacious so we’ll have no issue here.
- We’ll have masks available if you don’t own one. Per CDC recommendations, masks are strongly recommended. We’re asking that everyone wear a mask to their seat and then back to their vehicle (entrance and egress). Once seated however, we’ll leave that decision to you. It is strongly recommended you wear a mask. We have no desire, or ability, to police this but we’re asking you to consider those around you who have serious immunosuppressed states, comorbidities, or other unknown factors that make the virus more of a threat.
- The environment will be sanitized before services and we’re building the flow of traffic to keep you from touching anything as much as possible.
- Communion will be in individual servings and handed out before the service.
- We’ll have Kid’s Community as an option for kiddos four and under.
- There will be musical worship. We will sing. Our sanctuary is enormous and well ventilated and we’re doing more than what is required by the health department in live music venues across the city.
- If you are still concerned about singing in a room, we’re relocating all singing to the end of the service to allow you time to exit early with no judgement. This will allow you to be present for all you’re comfortable being present for.
We'll continue the sermon stream for those who are at risk and for those who are uncomfortable returning at this time. Our sermon will Premier at 10:30 AM on Sundays as usual. We’re going to take care of you. We’re doubling down on the online sermon stream by looking for ways to make this a better experience for you online.