With the pandemic receding, our gatherings will have varying precautions. We want you to have the best sense of community while honoring others and protecting those who are immunocompromised. Click on the gathering below to see our direction and all details.
Our community groups (COM groups) can move forward with thoughtfulness and flexibility according to their comfort level. We’ve been given the freedom to meet in groups made of multiple households while being thoughtful to symptoms. Click here if you would like to be connected to a community group.
Smaller DNA groups (2-3 people) can meet anytime with thoughtfulness to those connecting. There is nothing hindering these from growing and doing well and we strongly encourage you to take advantage of them. To be connected to a DNA group, first find a community group (see above) or let us know here.
- We'll continue to meet at 10:30 as usual.
- Knox County churches that meet in schools have a more stringent policy of meeting than most churches. We’ve been asked to operate under both state health and CDC guidelines.
- You'll immediately find a no-touch infrared thermometer and find hand sanitizer stationed throughout.
- Seating will be buffered by no less than 6 feet of spacing. Our facility is spacious so we’ll have no issue here.
- We’ll have masks available if you don’t own one. We’re asking that everyone wear a mask to their seat and then back to their vehicle (entrance and egress). Once seated however, we’ll leave that decision to you. We have no desire, or ability, to police this but we’re asking you to consider those around you who have serious immunosuppressed states, comorbidities, or other unknown factors that make the virus more of a threat.
- The environment will be sanitized before services.
- Communion will be in individual servings and handed out before the service.
- There will be musical worship and we will sing. Our sanctuary is enormous and well ventilated and we’re doing more than what is required by the health department in live music venues across the city.
We'll continue the live sermon stream for those who are at risk and for those who are uncomfortable returning at this time. Our sermon will either be live or premier at 10:30 AM on Sundays as usual. We’re going to take care of you.